Questions To Ask Your Doctor
Here are some questions you might consider asking your health care professional:
- What type of heart failure do I have?
- How will I know if my heart failure is getting worse?
- How can I know what caused my heart failure?
- When should I call 911?
- Are there any health checks (weight, blood pressure, pulse) I should be doing? Which and how often?
- Do I need to lose weight? What's the best way for me to lose weight?
- If I notice weight gain, at what point should I call you?
- What physical activities are best for me?
- Can I exercise safely on my own? How much exercise do I need?
- How much salt can I eat daily?
- How much water and fluids should I drink each day?
- Which medicines will I be taking for my condition, and what does each one do?
- Do I need to worry about my medicines interacting with other medicines?
- How often should I have my heart checked?
- How do I plan in advance for my care if I get very sick?